“The EINSTEIN technology is marketed under the brand name of Enhanced Cybersecurity Services, or ECS…More businesses are willing to accept the U.S. government’s help, after learning parts of their own workforces have been caught up in cyber espionage campaigns. Recent data breaches at health insurers, including Anthem, have been tied to the Chinese military, as has the OPM attack….After the OPM discoveries, there has ‘been an exponential increase’ in companies inking agreements with CenturyLink to roll out the commercial rendition of EINSTEIN” - Sternstein, 2015
As the federal government seeks to revamp its cyber security procedures, federal contractors will be faced with greater scrutiny in terms of safeguarding sensitive information. Federal investigators determined that the credentials used to gain access to OPM’s network were from KeyPoint systems, a contractor providing background check services to OPM. Cybersecurity firms have previously voiced concern over the current lack of cybersecurity measures instituted by defense contractors.
- Contractor breach gave hackers keys to OPM data, Aaron Boyd, 2015.
- Home Depot Has Better Cyber Security Than 25 US Defense Contractors, Aliya Sternstein, 2015.
- Suddenly, Everyone Wants the NSA’s Cyber Defense Tech, Aliya Sternstein, 2015.
- Feds on '30-day sprint' to better cybersecurity, Aaron Boyd, 2015.
- Cyber sprint increases use of two-factor authentication, Aaron Boyd, 2015. http://www.federaltimes.com/story/government/cybersecurity/2015/07/13/cybersecurity-sprint-two-factor-authentication/30087313/
- White House touts 'cyber sprint' successes, Cory Bennett, 2015.
- White House sprints to patch security flaws, Cory Bennett, 2015.
- Federal Cybersecurity Needs Improvement, Jeh Johnson, 2015.